Keeping your eyeglasses safe at all times is very difficult, but not impossible. Eyeglasses last for a very long time, so don’t be in a hurry to throw them away.
Here are some recommendations on how to keep your frames in good condition:
Use a case. Whenever you are traveling and don’t need your eyeglasses, put them in the case. They will be protected from scratches, impact and all other unforeseeable problems.
2. Clean them on a regular basis and always with a microfiber cloth or high-quality cotton. To avoid the scratches and other damage to the lenses, keep your frames clean!
You can find out more about how to clean your eyeglasses from our guide.
3. Don’t fall asleep with them, on them, or anywhere near them. This way you prevent bending or breaking them.
4. Take them off when you are practicing sports or doing any sort of physically demanding activity. You will sweat and they will slip off your face. You don’t want that.
5. Have the frames adjusted at least once a year. Pay a visit to your local optician and have your screws, nose pads and frame checked for quality. This way, you won’t have any surprises.
6. Buy quality frames from trustworthy retailers.
You can prevent a lot of problems if you pay attention to the quality and services of your optical store. You can read more about your refunds and replacements policies in this article from All about vision.