• Register
settingsLogin | Registersettings
Show Menu

What kind of Doctor should I see for weight loss medication?

0 votes
Okay, so I'm not asking for medication because I've JUST NOW thought about losing weight. This is a last resort. I'm 20 years old, weigh 280 pounds at 5'10 1/2. I've been trying to lose weight since 16 years old.

I've tried almost every diet their is, and I even went vegan for half a year. I have asthma, so my exercise is very limited, but at my BMI, most of the weight loss would be through diet alone anyway.

I want to get some medication to aid me, because this weight is really debilitating. I can feel myself becoming less and less intelligent as the days go by. It might be a thyroid problem, because nothing is working. What kind of Doctor should I go see? A regular one?

Searches related to What kind of Doctor should I see for weight loss medication?
what type of doctor should i see for weight loss
doctors who specialize in obesity
bariatric physician
bariatric physician near me
what kind of doctor treats obesity
doctor prescribed weight loss pills that work
which doctor to consult for weight gain
doctor weight loss pills
asked Jan 12, 2017 in Health by smyadmin

1 Answer

0 votes
Just a regular one. If you don't have a regular one - now you have an excuse to go get one.
and you are absolutely right.
there may be an underlying issue that is the cause of your obesity. And a doctor will diagnose it with a simple blood test and rule things out or in.
and they can also treat it with medication
also at a check up there may be medical issues caused by your obesity (hypertension, pre-diabetes), and you can be treated for that too.
plus your doctor can write you a referral so that you can go to a nutrientionist and/or a physical therapist. These may even be covered by your existing heath insurance. Insurancers figured out that its cheaper to treat obesity not than heart surgery later.
answered Jan 12, 2017 by moscl

Related questions

0 votes
0 votes
0 votes
Welcome to Koees Questions and Answers, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.