Christmas is quickly approaching and we’ve been spending a lot of time prepping food, decorations, and crafts for the holiday! Today we made Strawberry Santas with just 3 ingredeints. Well, more like 3 items:) You only need 3 very easy to find “ingredients” to assemble these Strawberry Santas. No cooking, baking, or strenuous activity involved! They taste delicious because they have a creamy vanilla center. Vanilla and strawberries? Yes please! You’re going to love learning how to make Strawberry Santas for Christmas:
To assemble a strawberry Santa, you will need:
- Fresh strawberries
- Vanilla frosting (in a can or homemade)
- Black icing gel
- Paper Towel
- Frosting piping with small round tip or a bag or ziplock bag with the bottom corner cut off
- Rinse the strawberries and cut off the leaves (discard)
- Cut the pointed end off of each strawberry. Place the newly cut edge down on a clean napkin. The napkin will absorb the fresh strawberry juice, which is what you want.
- The “body” of Santa needs to be quickly dabbed on a fresh paper towel as well. The extra juice will cause the frosting to slide. By letting the paper towel absorb the fresh strawberry juice, the frosting will stay in place better.
- Put vanilla frosting in a piping bag (or in a zip lock bag and cut the corner off).
- Gently swirl some vanilla frosting on the top of the body.
- Place the “Santa hat” (or the strawberry tip) on top of the frosting.
- Add a dab of frosting on top of his hat.
- Next carefully add two eyes with black icing.
Follow the steps here http://www.smartschoolhouse.com/easy-recipe/strawberry-santas/